What you'll need:
Small glass jar with tight fitting lid
Hot glue gun or super glue
Liquid glycerin or light corn syrup
Fake snow or glitter (find at craft stores)
Small plastic trees, animals, houses, or other decorations
1. Use the superglue or hot glue to affix your trees or other decorative items to the inside of the lid. Let dry.
2. Fill jar about 3/4 full of water (or about 1/2 if using corn syrup).
3. Put a few pinches of glitter or fake snow in the jar.
4. Screw the lid on very tightly.
5. Turn your jar upside-down and watch the snow fall inside your homemade DIY snow globe.
6. Now add several drops of liquid glycerin (or an equal amount of corn syrup) making sure you leave room for air at the top. Repeat step 5.
7. Finally, if you like, you may decorate the base (lid) of your snow globe with ribbon, fabric, or pretty paper.