Turn Milk into Plaster
What you'll need:
Hot milk (1 cup)
Mug or other heat-resistant cup with 4 teaspoons of vinegar (1)
Paper towels (6)
1. Measure out 1 cup of hot milk.
2. Add the hot milk to the mug with vinegar.
3. Use the spoon to slowly mix the milk and vinegar for a few seconds.
4. Stack four layers of paper towels on a surface that is safe to get damp.
5. After the mug has cooled a little, use the spoon to scoop out the curds. Tilt the spoon against the inside of the mug to let liquid drain but keep the curds inside of the spoon.
6. Put the curds on the stack of paper towels.
7. Scoop out as many curds as you can. Put all of them on the stack of paper towels.
8. Fold the edges of the paper towels over the curds. Press the paper towels down on the curds to absorb any extra liquid from them.
9. If the curds are still very wet, put two new paper towels on top of the curds and press down.
10. Remove any paper towels covering the curds.
11. Push the curds together to make a small ball. It does not need to be completely round.
12. You can transform the casein plastic by coloring, shaping, or molding it. You must knead the casein plastic well before shaping it. You have about one hour to mold the casein plastic after making it.
Leave it to dry on paper towels for at least 48 hours. You can also paint or color dried casein with markers!